Saturday, February 20, 2016

Secret Garden Butterflies

Here's a card which was very fun to make. I played with digi version from new Secret Garden stamp set, inks and some embossing powders.
Background behind the butterflies is cut with Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles die. I adhered drywall tape (I cut some holes to it before) on top of paper and inked it with Distress Inks (Moved Lawn, Evergreen Bough, Salty Ocean). Drywall tape act as a mask. After removing tape I inked the edges of the paper with Fossilized Amber Distress Ink. 

Butterflies are cut with MemoryBox Vivienne Butterfly die. I inked them with Versamark ink and heat embossed butterflies wings with Bahama Mama EP and their bodies with Skylight EP. I added a pink rhinestones to their bodies as well.



I printed three copies of the key images from Secret Garden digital set. I used Promarkers to color them and cut out the key from one of the images. This key was covered with Dimensional Glue. Two of the images was placed behind the butterflies panel. Key was adhered on top of it.



I drew the frame with Sakura Glue Pen to the butterflies panel and covered it with Sunny Daze glitter. I also sprinkled some Super Thick White EP to this layer and heated from underneath the paper to melt the powder. 


Background layer looks beautiful and it's super easy to make. I just inked the cardstock with Versamark and Heat embossed with Bahama Mama EP.


Materials used:
Stamp Credits: Secret Garden #773 digi version;
GlittersSunny Daze (G1038); 
Embossing PowdersBahama Mama (EP439), Super Thick White (EP355), Skylight (EP212);
Coloring MediumPromarkers;
InksDistress Ink (Moved Lawn, Evergreen Bough, Salty Ocean, Fossilized Amber), Versamark;
AdhesivesSakura Glue PenDimensional Glue (539), Foam Tape;
DiesMemoryBox (Vivienne Butterfly), Spellbinders (Radiant Rectangles); 
Cardstock: White; 
All others: Rhinestones, Drywall Tape;

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

2 comments:

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...