Saturday, March 26, 2016

Bee Mine

At the Sparkle N Sprinkle we had three fabulous stamp sets revealed on early this month, but Honey Bees #775 is my favorite. Probably because this stamp set reminds a summer. I love summer.
I decided to make a shaped card this time.

Bee Mine 

I used Digital Version of the Honey Bees stamp set. I draw hexagon frame around the image and printed it to the white cardstock. It's colored with Promarkers and it's fuzzy cut around bottom of the flowers and hexagon frame. Sky is inked with Broken China Distress ink. I also printed another copy of flowers, colored them and fuzzy cut three center flowers. They are popped up with foam tape on top of the base image. I added Dimensional Glue to every flower centers and covered it with Canary Flocking.

Bee Mine

I love digtal stamps. It's very easy to manipulate them. That's what I did with the sentiment. I separated it on two and resized them to fit the MemoryBox Precious Hearts die cuts. Words was printed to the white cardstock and die cutted. I colored hearts with markers and added coat of Dimensional Glue on top. Yellow pearl in center of bows is actually white pearl cut from Want 2 Scrap Sleek Strips Pearls. I colored it yellow with marker.

Bee Mine

To make the yellow background I inked white cardstock with Scattered Straw and Fossilized Amber Distress inks. Then I used MemoryBox Honey Comb Stenciland rubber mat with die cutting machine to dry-emboss honeycomb pattern to the cardstock. I applied light touches of Versamark ink the the cardstock and covered it with Sparkle Embossing Powder. It was heat set with heat tool. 

Bee Mine

I played with digis from the set to make inside of the card. After printing it out, I inked it slightly with Scattered Straw and Fossilized Amber Distress inks. Bees was colored with markers.

Bee Mine

All matting layers was cat from white cardstock. I used black marker to color the sides and adhered 1/4" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape to the edges. After adhering layers on top I covered rest of the tape with Black Suede Microfine Glitter. 

Bee Mine

Materials used:
Stamp Credits: Honey Bees #775 Digital Version;
Glitters: Black Suede (GM2009);
Embossing Powders: Sparkle (EP107);
Flocking: Canary (FL108);
Inks: Distress Ink (Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber, Broken China), Versamark;
Coloring Medium: Promarkers;
Adhesives: 1/4" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape (SAT01), Dimensional Glue (539), Foam Tape;
Dies: MemoryBox (Precious Hearts);
Embellishments: Want 2 Scrap (Sleek Strips Pearls -White);
Cardstock: White;
All others: MemoryBox  Stencil (Honey Comb);

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

2 comments:

  1. A very pretty Summery card Eret and love the shape, I love my hexagonal dies.

    Enjoy the rest of the Easter weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and springy card Eret! Love what you did with the heart sentiment. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...