Saturday, March 12, 2016

Mixed Media Frame

I'm here with a mixed media project. I played with Want 2 Scrap chipboard, SNS glitters and embossing powders and with other fun products.


I'll start with Want 2 Scrap Dress Form by Laurel Lane. It's huge. It's perfect for Scrapbook layout but not so good for a card maker. I hope I'll remember  to check the measurements before ordering supplies next time. But I'm happy I made this mistake. Otherwise this mixed media project wouldn't born :)
This Dress Form comes in two pieces: silhouette and intricate dress. I painted both of them with white Gesso and let them dry. Silhouette layer was covered with  Brushable Glue and Bubble Gum Glitter. Intricate layer was inked with Versamark ink. To the dress part I added White Detail Embossing Powder and to the leg Silver Detail EP. I applied two coats of EP for a better coverage. To decorate the dress I stamped feathers from Bird Song stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them with markers. The ribbon was covered with Sakura Glue Pen and Bubble Gum Glitter. I also added Want 2 Scrap white pearls to the belt.


For the background I used left over piece from Want 2 Scrap Vintage Fancy Frames. I painted the Chipboard with white Gesso and let it dry. I added brick pattern with Want 2 Scrap Brick Stencil and Dreamweaver White Embossing Paste. Stenciling was left uneven. I also added brick pattern to the watercolor cardstock in same way. Embossing paste was added to some places with stiff brush. Everything was colored with  Gray Nuance water-soluble powder and Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist (Caribbean Blue and Crushed Shells). Watercolor cardstock was added behind the Chipboard layer holes.


One chipboard frame was used on this project. I covered it with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Silver Detail EP. I added another layer ink and EP for smoother look. While EP was still warm I added Velvet Sparkle EP on top and melted it with heat tool.
Sentiment is from Bird Song  set. It was stamped with Versamark ink to the white cardstock and heat embossed with Silver Detail EP. I inked the layer with Salty Ocean Distress ink. Birds are die cut out of black cardstock with Spellbinders die: Birds on Wire.  Layer underneath is inked with Versamark ink and heat embossed with White Detail EP and then with Velvet Sparkle EP. Frame is popped up with foam tape.


To add some greenery I used leaves I had left from another project. They were die cut with Spellbinders Sprigs die out of Sticker Paper and covered with Luau Green Microfine Glitter. Flowers are die cut with Spellbinders Hydrangea die out of white cardstock which was previously colored with marker to light purple. I cut some small white pearls from Want 2 Scrap Sleek Strips Pearls and adhered them to flowers centers.


One frame hole was covered from the back side with Embossable Clear Acetate. You can place a photo behind it. I printed out a  Digital version of Lucky Charm stamp and colored it with markers. For the ribbon I added Bubble Gum Glitter with Sakura Glue Pen.


On following photo you can see how the frame stand. Edges are covered with white satin ribbon. Only the place where the picture is entered is left as it is.


It was messy, time consuming and very fun project to make. I hope you like it.


Materials used:
Stamp Credits: Bird Song #496, Lucky Charm #776 Digital version (Digi776j);
Glitters: Bubble Gum (G1088), Luau Green (GM2004);
Embossing Powders: White Detail (EP298), Velvet Sparkle (EP437), Silver Detail (EP257);
Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Versamark, Distress Ink (Salty Ocean);
Coloring Medium: White Gesso, Nuance (water-soluble powder - Gray), Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist (Caribbean Blue, Crushed Shells), Promarkers;
Adhesives: Brushable Glue (540), 1/8" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape (SAT02), Sakura Glue Pen, Sticker Paper, Foam Tape;
Dies: Spellbinders (Birds on Wire, Hydrangea, Sprigs);
Embellishments: Want 2 Scrap (Vintage Fancy Frames, Dress Form by Laurel Lane, Sleek Strips Pearls -White);
Cardstock: Watercolor, White;
All others: Want 2 Scrap (Brick Stencil), Dreamweaver Embossing Paste (White), Embossable Clear Acetate;


Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

4 comments:

  1. Eret - This is incredible! I love how you have pulled everything together into a beautiful piece! Everything is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the Want 2 Scrap embellishments. It really is a lovely piece! Especially love the bricked background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! So many wonderful elements too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, creative project!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...