Saturday, April 16, 2016

A Bird Song

Today I want to share a Spring card. I played with SNS embossing powders, Want 2 Scrap chipboards and used a little piece of leftover from another card.


Birds are from Want 2 Scrap Small Bird Flourish set. I used two out of three birds. Both of them  was inked with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Super Thick White Embossing Powder. While EP was still warm I added Ocean Marbled EP on top leaving beak and belly white. I colored eye and beak with markers. 
Birds are sitting on the branches which was die cut with Spellbinders Cherry Blossoms dies out of white cardstock. Branches was inked with Vintage Photo Distress ink and blossoms was colored with pink marker (actually I colored white cardstock to pink before die cutting the blossoms). In center of blossoms are small white pearls from Want 2 Scrap Sleek Strips Pearls.  
 

Sentiment is from Bird Song stamp set. It's stamped with Versamark ink to the vellum and it's heat embossed with Satin Velvet EP. I draw lines to the top and bottom edges of the vellum with White Gel Pen. 



It was so much fun to make the background. First I spritzed water to the white cardstock and then sprinkled Gray Nuance water-soluble powder to the bottom part of the cardstock. I added water and powder until I was happy with the result. After everything was dry I stamped feathers from Bird Song set with Versamark ink to the cardstock and heat embossed them with Clear EP. Then I inked it with Broken China, Salty Ocean, Peeled Paint, Moved Lawn and  Evergreen Bough Distress Inks. I like how some gray speckles are peeking through the ink and feathers. I also added some drops of water to remove ink on some areas. 


In March I made a card with Dreamweaver Cherry Blossom Stencil. I cut an circular window to that card and didn't need that circle. I just couldn't throw it away, so I saved it for another card. It was made withSuper Adhesive Sheets, Dreamweaver Cherry Blossom Stencil, Ballerina, Cloud Nine and Waterfall glitters and markers to color the twigs and leaves. This leftover piece inspired to make me Today's card. But now I'm left with another circle which comes from the feather background...
 

Before cutting the circle out from the background layer I adhered a die cut strip made with Spellbinders Fancy Lattice die. I added pieces from Want 2 Scrap Couture Swirls to two corners.



Materials used:
Stamp Credits: Bird Song #496;
Glitters: Ballerina (GM2024), Cloud Nine (GM2000), Waterfall (G1071);
Embossing Powders: Clear (EP120), Super Thick White (EP235), Ocean Marbled (EP438), Satin Velvet (EP209);
InksDistress Ink (Broken China, Salty Ocean, Peeled Paint, Moved Lawn, Evergreen Bough, Vintage Photo), Versamark;
Coloring MediumNuance water-soluble powder (Gray), Promarkers;
Adhesives:
Super Adhesive Sheets, Foam Tape;
Dies: Spellbinders (Standard Circles Large, Fancy Lattice, Cherry Blossoms);

EmbellishmentsWant 2 Scrap (Small Bird Flourish, Sleek Strips Pearls - White, Couture Swirls);
Cardstock: White, Vellum;
All others: Dreamweaver Stencil (Cherry Blossom), Hawaiian Coconut & Palm Oil Soap, White Gel Pen;


Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles
Eret 

2 comments:

  1. Cute card Eret. Especially your little birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Eret this is such a very cute card... love the birds, use of vellum and all the colours you have used so cheery and uplifting!
    Thanks so much for the inspiration... and thnaks for popping over too,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...