Sunday, April 3, 2016

One for the Girl

It's time for a new challenge at the Stamping Sensation. The theme is One for a Girl



Our sponsor this month is PDA Card & Craft who are very generously offering one lucky winner a £40 voucher.

http://www.pdacardandcraft.co.uk/

I made a box with an easel topping for my niece.. It's a simple matchbox style box. I sandwiched it between scalloped edged card base where I added extra score lines and made an easel on top. 


Then I saw a Rapunzel- Tangled by O-cha-ra lineart in Devianart, I knew I have to use this image on my niece card - they look very similar. I used Promarkers to color the image and added some Cristal Stickles to the flowers on her hair. It's cut out with Spellbinders Labels 18 die. Light blue matting layer is die cutted with largest die from  Spellbinders Decorative Labels One set out of white cardstock. It's inked with Salty Ocean Distress Ink and cut in four pieces. I pieced back together to match the Label 18 shape better.


Pattern papers are from Studio Light JBS Collection. I added some Stickles to the butterflies and framed the edges with same Stickles. All matting layers are inked with Salty Ocean Distress Ink.


There must have flowers on a girl card, right?! I added some store bought roses to the card. Leaves underneath them are die cut with Spellbinders Sprigs die. As usually, I ct them out of white cardstock and inked them with Mowed Lawn Distress ink. To the right side of the flower cluster I tucked white thread and light blue pearl string.


 For easel stopper I used Lace and sentiment which was printed out. I also added few white pearls.


I attached one Moonstone Brad to the box to make it easier to open the drawer.

 
That's all from me Today. Go check the Stamping Sensation blog to see what you have to do to participate on the challenge. And you'll get lots of inspiration as well.

Materials used:
Inks: Distress Ink (Salty Ocean, Milled Lavender, Mowed Lawn);
Coloring Medium: Promarkers;

DiesSpellbinders (Decorative Labels One, Labels Eighteen, Sprigs);
Embellishments:
Stickles (Crystal), Roses, White Thread, Pearl string, Moonstone brad;
Cardstock: Scalloped edge card base, White,
Studio Light JBS Collection (PPJBS17);
 
Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles
Eret

8 comments:

  1. Loving your easel card box Eret and the image is coloured beautifully, I am sure your niece is going to love it.

    Hope you have a good Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift Eret! So pretty. Love your gorgeous image - beautifully colored and the flowers and leaves are the perfect finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great creation and a lovely gift Eret!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Eret! What a stunning creation! Such a beautiful gift and card in one! Great colours and flowers too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation Eret, love the easel box ,lovely image and beautiful flowers

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful project, Eret! The image is beautifully coloured, and the flowers are so pretty. I love the easel box design. I bet your niece does too!

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Eret
    What a pretty project, love your design and image.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colouring on the image. You made a beautiful creation.
    Fantastic project.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...