Saturday, April 9, 2016

Wisps of Autumn

Spring is finally here in Estonia. Slowly grass is turning green and some Spring flowers are blooming already. Despite of lovely Spring I'm sharing an Autumn card instead.  I had so much fun to play with Want 2 Scrap products.


I used Wisps of Autumn Stamp set. I stamped the image two times to the white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored them with markers and fuzzy cut them out by leaving narrow white border all around.  I covered acorns with Dimensional Glue. The glue dries clear and keeps it dimension leaving lovely shiny coat.


Sentiment is stamped with a Versamark ink to the vellum. I added Coffee embossing powder on top and heat embossed it. I wanted vellum to be inside of the frame. This way the background is still shown but it mutes the colors down.


Now to the fun part. I took one frame from the Want 2 Scrap Vintage Fancy Frames set and painted it with white Gesso. After it was dry I inked it with Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber and Vintage Photo Distress Inks.  To add some interest I took a text stamp from Journal Mixed Media set and stamped with Tuxedo Black ink first to the scrap paper and then on top of the frame. Then I covered entire frame with Versamark ink and Super Thick Clear embossing powder and heat embossed it. Love the outcome.


To make the background layer I added the Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber, Pine Needles, Spiced Marmalade and Tea Dye Distress Inks to the  plastic sheet, spritzed it with water and smudged the white cardstock in to the wet inks. Then it was dried I randomly stamped text from Journal Mixed Media set with Tea Dye ink. Then I took Want 2 Scrap Brick Stencil and White Dreamweaver Embossing Paste and added some bricks to the two corners. After embossing paste was dry I spritzed Blue Lime Cosmic Shimmer Mist on top.


I also sprinkled some Super Thick White and Copper Flame embossing powder speckles to the background and heat embossed from underneath. Other way they just fly off.


Most time I use white cardstock as a matting layers. I just color the edges with the marker to suit my needs. This time I used green and brown marker for that. Then I took 1/4" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape and covered the edges with that. After I adhered the background layer to the center I covered rest of the tape with Parisian Mist and Bronze Splendor glitters. Those glitters are opaque so it doesn't matter what color the cardstock underneath it is but from the sides you'll still see it.


Materials used:
Stamp Credits: Wisps of Autumn #647, Journal Mixed Media #606;
Glitters: Parisian Mist (G1037), Bronze Splendor (G1012);
Embossing Powders: Super Thick Clear (EP230), Super Thick White (EP235), Copper Flame (EP355), Coffee (EP459);
Inks: Distress Ink (Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber, Pine Needles, Spiced Marmalade, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo), Memento (Tuxedo Black), Versamark;
Coloring Medium: White Gesso, Promarkers, Cosmic Shimmer Mist (Blue Lime);
Adhesives: 1/4" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape (SAT01), Dimensional Glue (539);
Embellishments: Want 2 Scrap (Vintage Fancy Frames);
Cardstock: White, Vellum;
All others: Want 2 Scrap (Brick Stencil), Dreamweaver Embossing Paste (White);
 
Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Eret! That is stunning! I love all the textures and I love the colours too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation Eret. Your frame and background are a masterpiece. Love the acorn branches falling over the vellum frame. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...