Saturday, May 14, 2016

Fishing

It has been a long time since I made a masculine card. This month Sparkle N Sprinkle revealed many fantastic stampsets which are perfect for that.


I used digi version (DIGI778) from Gone Fishing stamp set.  Image with two fisherman and sentiment are merged and printed out. I die cut it with largest die from Spellbinders Floral Ovals set. After I inked the background with Broken China Distress Ink I covered it with Versamark ink and Super Thick Clear Embossing Powder. Then powder was melted with heating tool I added another coat EP and melted it again. I used the scissors to cut off all the fancy edge to leave only the pierced oval. Fun thing about Super Thick Clear EP is that you can crack it. I did it with mine focal image. Then I rubbed Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the cracks.


To make the card background I used a kraft paper. I spritzed it with water and Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Crushed Shells). Then I crinkled it. After the paper was dry I inked the crinkles with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Paper was die cutted it with Spellbinders Pierced Rectangle die. Then I placed it in to the Sizzix embossing folder (Lattice) and run it through the die cutting machine. I used more Vintage Photo Distress Ink to bring out the raised parts of the embossing. 




I added a narrow strip of white cardstock and a bit wider cardstock strip which was heat embossed with Blackened Bronze EP to add some more interest to the card background..


I also sprinkled Blackened Bronze EP to the kraft background and melted them with heat tool from underneath the paper. Some White Want 2 Scrap Sleek Strips Pearls was added to embellish the card.



Stamp Credits: Gone Fishing 778 (digi version DIGI778);
Embossing Powders: Super Thick Clear (EP230), Blackened Bronze (EP454);
Inks: VersamarkDistress Ink (Vintage Photo, Broken China); 
Dies: Spellbinders (Floral Ovals, Pierced Rectangles);
EmbellishmentsWant 2 Scrap (Sleek Strips Pearls - White);
Cardstock: White, Kraft;
All others: Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Crushed Shells), Sizzix embossing folder (Lattice);

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret 

3 comments:

  1. Love your masculine card Eret! It has a wonderfully vintage feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background is incredible and the focal image is gorgeous yet masculine. Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your masculine card looks amazing!! Love the background too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...