Saturday, July 30, 2016

Watercolor cattail

One last quick post on this month. I wish I could say that I was creative and made up this design on my self but sadly not. I saw a video in Benny Black Inc YouTube channel and just had to copy the idea. Sparkle N Sprinkle revealed perfect silhouette stamp sets for that: Wetlands 1 and Wetlands 2.

Images are stamped with Versamark ink to a watercolor cardstock and they are heat embossed with Black Detail Embossing Powder. For coloring I used different Distress Inks: Ground Espresso, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye, Seedless Preserves, Blueprint Sketch and Salty Ocean. To make the inks inside of the 'window' to shimmer I spritzed a Perfect Pearl Mist to the craft mat and used it instead of the water. That gave a nice sheen to the distress ink colors. After all inks was dried I covered the 'window' with piece of scrap paper and stamped the leaves with Tea Dye ink to the background.


For the matting layer I took a white cardstock and colored the edges with black marker. Then I adhered 1/4" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape all around the edges and placed the colored layer in center. Rest of the tape was covered with  Black Suede glitter. 
To add a little more brightness to my card I used Die-Versions Loopy Lace Die to die cut a border out of Sticker Paper. Sticker paper was covered with Ocean glitter. 


Materials used:
Stamp Credits: Wetlands 2 #791, Wetlands 1 #790;
Embossing Powders: Black Detail (EP171);
Glitters: Ocean (G1126), Black Suede (GM2009);
Inks: Distress Ink (Ground Espresso, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye, Seedless Preserves, Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean), Memento (Desert Sand), Versamark;
Dies: Die-Versions (Loopy Lace);
Adhesives: Sticker Paper (99558), 1/4" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape (SAT01);
Cardstock: Watercolor CS, White;
Others: Perfect Pearl Mists (Perfect Pearl);

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty Eret. Thanks for including the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...