Thursday, September 1, 2016

Sparkle N Sprinkle September Reveal

Welcome to Sparkle N Sprinkle's
September 1 New Reveal Blog Hop!


We have four new rubber stamp sets to share with you today and one new digi-only stamp set. These new sets are 20% off until the 3rd of the month.  So once you finish the blog hop, head on over to the store and start shopping.  All of the new sets are available on cling mounted rubber or as a digital image.  

The sets are:

Puppy Girl 793   (digi version DIGI793)
Crafting Is Exercise 795   (digi version DIGI795)
Halloween Cat 799   (digi version DIGI799)
Stella-Call Me Witch 800   (digi version DIGI800)
Fruit Note  DIGI3126 (digi only)

On Sept 3rd, ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be selected from the comments left on the Designers' blogs listed below. Please leave a comment with each Designer in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  You never know who the Mystery Designer will be that has the winning comment.

The Grand Prize Winner, which will be announced on the SNS Facebook page and on the SNS Blog, will receive ALL of the new stamp sets released this month (or the digi versions, if preferred).

The Blog Hop order this month is:
Eret (you are here)


(*Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to send you to their Home page.)

We hope you enjoy the New Reveal Blog Hop as much as we do.  Thanks for joining us and remember to comment on each of the Designers' blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize. (Compliance is checked.)
Wonder who the Mystery Host will be this month????

 
The Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge also begins today.  There are lots of prizes and recognition badges.  Come check out how you can become a SNS Featured Artist as well.  The theme is always Anything Goes using Loose Glitter, Embossing Powder, and/or Flock.





Have you checked out the SNS YouTube Channel featuring Demo Donna?  If not, then you are in for a real treat.  Subscribe today to get all the latest Demo Donna tips and techniques!







I used digi version DIGI795 from Crafting is Exercise 795 stamp set. I re sized it to fit my card front and printed it out. Image is colored with Promarkers. It's cut out with scissors a little slanted and I also left a narrow white border around the image contours. 


I went a bit messy with the background. Until the very end I was sure I'll throw this piece away. I didn't like it at all.
I took a piece a watercolor cardstock and dry embossed it with the embossing folder. I planned to tap all the raised parts with Versamark ink so only the raised parts will get inked. I covered everything with Wisteria Embossing Powder, tap off the excess and ... I saw that my plan failed. The parts I wanted to be covered wasn't covered well and some powder was in place I didn't want it. I still kept going and heated the powder with an heat tool.  Then I sprinkled Ultramarine Blue Color Burst all over and colored the background with water brush. I didn't like the outcome. But after I placed all other pieced on top of it I started to like what I saw. Wohoo!


For corner embellishments I adhered 2 1/2" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape to cardstock and die cutted the shape with Spellbinders Fantastic Flourish Two die. Then protective sheet of the tape was removed I covered sticky side with Hyacinth Velvet Glitter.


Sentiment is also from the same stamp set as the image. It is die cutted with a die from Spellbinders Labels Twenty-One set. I draw a frame with Sakura Glue Pen and covered it with Rose Gold Velvet Glitter. 
Matting layers are made as I usually make the: Edges are covered with 1/4" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape, top layer is adhered to the center and rest of the tape is covered with glitter - Rose Gold Velvet Glitter is used on this card. 
To add something more I used White and Wisteria Purple Nuvo Crystal Drops to make little pearls all over the card. The heart on sentiment panel is also made with the same thing.


The next stop on our blog hop is Anne. She is going to amaze you. Let's the hop begin! 

Materials used:
Stamp Credits: Crafting is Exercise #795 digi version DIGI795;
Glitters: Rose Gold (GM2023), Hyacinth (GM2028);
Embossing Powders: Wisteria (EP358);
Inks: Versamark;
Dies: Spellbinders (Fantastic Flourish Two, Labels Twenty-One);
Coloring Medium: Promarkers, Color Burst (Ultramarine Blue);
Cardstock: White, Watercolor CS;
EmbellishmentsNuvo Crystal Drops (White, Wisteria Purple);
Others: Embossing folder (by Crafter's Companion);

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

26 comments:

  1. Who would have thought you hadn't planned your background perfectly? I think it looks amazing and I love the color combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Your color combo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how your background turned out. I'm glad you used it. The card is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the coloring and textures on your fun card! Awesome background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much texture on this card I wish I could touch it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much texture on this card I wish I could touch it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the crafty girl, plus all the others.. Love the coloring an the texture.. I would love to learn how, however I do try. Thank you for the oppertunity to win them

    ReplyDelete
  8. The background is fantastic Eret! Glad you didn't throw it. The flourish corner is so perfect for your crafty gal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Eret..love the colors and the fabulous background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a lot of work but turned out great. The saying is apropos to the work you put into the card. It's also a truism.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute stamp! I love your card with the wonderful background and the coloring of your image! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is beautiful! I love the colors you used and the techniques. I can't believe you were going to throw it out. The stamp is really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your pretty background. She is adorable and that is an awesome sentiment. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes the best comes from something we thought we didn't like! Good work and thanks for completing your mistake - good lesson for all of us to continue on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Eret! I love the way your background turned out. It's fun to use layers of color and product. I often have "icky" backgrounds and then all of a sudden, they come to life! Your projects always captivate me. Darling card - and very crafty! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope this sentiment is accepted worldwide.
    Such a pretty card. Love the purple vining
    at the top. Great coloring.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your color combinations and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This set is great, and your background and design are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this set and the card fits me perfect. Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  20. The background is fabulous, but I especially like the cluttered corner die cut with all the pearls. I will have to look for those drops. Love the image and sentiment. I try to get a bit of exercise daily! Thanks for participating in the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is beautiful! The background is gorgeous ... so glad you kept going!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh, I LOVE that background. The stamped panel looks awesome. Love the glitter on the edges of it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  23. FABULOUS image, sentiment and card!!!
    WOW - I would never have guessed that this wasn't what you planned from the very start - LOVE IT!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing, INSPIRING and for "keeping it real" :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that card! And what an interesting background!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your colours and textures are just fabulous. This is such a fun stamp set. I really do wish crafting counted as exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great inspiration! Such fun colors and shapes...perfect for my style!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...