Saturday, October 29, 2016

You Brighten My Days

Something unexpected happened on a Tuesday (October 25th) morning 5 AM, then my cat woke me up just to let me know that dog wants to come inside. I opened the door and balcony was covered with snow. So pretty. 
This card also reminds me a first snow fall in cold Autumn night. I love how it turned out. 


I used Sparkle N Sprinkle Christmas Candles Digital Set 807. The rose is printed three times. From one of them I fussy cut the rose and big leaves, from second copy only the rose was fussy cut. To cut the last one, I placed a Spellbinders die template from Labels Eighteen set on top and traced the inner frame and fussy cut it out with scissors. It's much easier then Out of the Box Die Cutting technique if you have several delicate parts which goes 'out of the box'. All coloring is done with Promarkers. On top of the tiny circles I added a White Nuvo Crystal Drops.
Matting layer is die cutted out of white cardstock with same Label die I used before. I covered the edges of the label with Large Nuvo Glue Pen and added Reflection Glitter on top. Image layer is placed in center and fussy cut images was adhered with foam tape.


Can you guess from where did I got the fence image? No...? Its from same Christmas Candles Digital Set. Now you say: "But there is no fence image". You are right. I used candles instead. I placed several of them next to each other, stretched them vertically and cut off the top. What a lovely fence I got :) It's colored with Promarkers. I also added some Hickory Smoke Distress Ink. Loopy Lace die cut from Die-Versions was adhered behind the fence.


Background is inked with Faded Jeans and Blueprint Sketch Distress Inks. I sprinkled some water droplets on top, let them set a bit and then dried them off. Speckles of Super Thick White Embossing Powder was added to all over the background (including the fence). EP was melted from underneath the cardstock.


Edges of the matting layer are covered with 1/4" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape and  Reflection Glitter.



Materials used:
Stamp CreditsChristmas Candles Digital Set 807;
GlittersReflection (GM2007);
Embossing PowdersSuper Thick White (EP355);
InksDistress Ink (Hickory Smoke, Faded Jeans, Blueprint Sketch);
Dies: Spellbinders (Labels Eighteen), Die Versions (Loopy Lace);
Coloring Medium: Promarkers;
AdhesivesLarge Nuvo Glue Pen1/4" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape (SAT01), Foam Tape;
Cardstock: White;
EmbellishmentsNuvo Crystal Drops (White);

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

6 comments:

  1. WOW! This is stunning! You are so clever too. The fence looks fantastic and such a great idea. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Eret! Can I saw WOWOW!?? What an incredible design idea to use the candle to create your fence background! How clever! And of course, your dear fingers have done their usual magic and created a fantastic card. Truly inspiring and BEAUTIFUL! Hoping your week-end has been great! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a spectacular card you have made. I'm astounded by your picket fence from the candle bases. A brilliant idea. Your colouring is lovely.
    I don't like the sound of snow though. Much too early to be thinking of snow boots and fur jackets.Brrr. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever you, Eret! Love your candle fence! Thanks for the tip on the variation on the out of the box technique too. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Tegelikult oli see minu kommentaar, aga olin unustanud ennast Käsitööklubi kontole! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...