Saturday, November 12, 2016

Festive Lantern

I had lots of fun making a Christmas card with new Sparkle N Sprinkle Festive Lantern Stamp set #808 and Nuvo Gilding Flakes.

 Lantern Festive Lantern set is stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink to the white cardstock. I colored it with Promarkers. To the metal part of the lantern I added glue with Small tip Nuvo Glue Pen. After glue was dry I covered it with Sunkissed Copper Nuvo Gilding Flakes.  I also added some shading with Gold and Copper Gel pens. After die cutting it with Oval die I covered glass part of the lantern with Morning Dew Nuvo Crystal Drops. Edge of the Oval is covered with Small tip Nuvo Glue Pen and Gypsy Red glitter.


Flowers are from same Festive Lantern stamp set. I stamped them six times with Tuxedo Black Memento ink to the white cardstock. They are colored with Promarkers and fussy cut with scissors. I added some glue with Small tip Nuvo Glue Pen to flower centers. After glue was dry I covered them with Sunkissed Copper Nuvo Gilding Flakes. Middle flowers are popped up with foam tape.
 

To make a background I just took an old pattern paper, added glue with Large Nuvo Glue Pen to the Crackle Background stamp and stamped it to the paper. I cleaned the stamp right away and let the glue dry on the paper. Then I took Sunkissed Copper Nuvo Gilding Flakes again and placed it on top of the stamped pattern.


Matting layer and die cut label shape behind the oval are covered with Large Nuvo Glue Pen and Sunkissed Copper Nuvo Gilding Flakes. It is important to let the glue dry before adding gilding flakes. Nuvo glue is drying tacky, so it's perfect for gilding flakes.  Some White Nuvo Crystal Drops was also added in to corner of my card.


Materials used:
Stamp Credits: Festive Lantern 808, Crackle Background 609;
Glitters: Gypsy Red (GM2005);
Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black);
Dies: Spellbinders (Classic Ovals Large, Labels Eighteen);
Coloring Medium: Promarkers, Golden and Bronze Gel Pen;
Adhesives: Small tip Nuvo Glue Pen, Large Nuvo Glue Pen, Foam Tape;
Cardstock: White, Pattern Paper (Docraft - At Christmas Time);
Embellishments: Nuvo Gilding Flakes (Sunkissed Copper), Nuvo Crystal Drops (Morning Dew, White);


Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret



3 comments:

  1. Very pretty Eret. Love the effect of the gilding flakes. The poinsettias are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Eret. Love crackle background and the guilding flakes you added to it. Another fabulous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eret - This is so pretty!!! I love the colors. The gilding flakes are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...