Saturday, January 21, 2017

Cute Chick

Today I want to share with you a sparkling Spring card. Sparkle N Sprinkle revealed an adorable Easter stamp set named  Easter Chicky 820. It is also perfect for a baby cards. 

I used a digital version from the same stamp set. I placed a shell and a flower to the chicky's head It's much easier with digi stamps. After printing the image I colored t with Promarkers. Egg shell is covered with Dimensional Glue. It dries clear and shiny. To flowers centers I added Daisy  Microfine Glitter with Small tip Nuvo Glue Pen.
For the matting layer I adhered 2 1/2" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape to a piece of cardstock and used a Spellbinders die (Labels Eighteen) to die cut the shape. Same die was also used as a template to cut out the image. I traced the inner edge of the die with pencil around the Chicky and cut it out with scissors. This was adhered in center of the die cut label and rest of the tape was covered with Denim Microfine Glitter.


Sentiment is also from same digital stamp set. It is cut out with MemoryBox Pastry Labels die. With Small tip Nuvo Glue Pen I drew a frame around the sentiment and covered the glitter with Denim Microfine Glitter.  Flower is covered with Purple Rain Microfine Glitter. 


Most fun and time consuming was the background. I covered piece of thicker cardstock with 2 1/2" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape. Then I took MemoryBox Sylvan Corner die and run everything through the die cutting machine. Because I used thicker cardstock the die only cut the protective layer of the tape. This was what I wanted. Now I took an x-acto knife and did some more cutting. First I peeled off protective layer from all the parts I wanted to be green and covered revealed tape with Luau Green Microfine Glitter. Branches was covered with Bronze Splendor Glitter. For the butterflies I used Purple Rain and Daisy Microfine Glitters. Edge is covered with Denim and rest of the background with Cloud Nine Denim Microfine Glitter. 

Couple more butterflies, covered with Daisy Microfine Glitter,  was added to the card.

Materials used:
Stamp CreditsEaster Chicky 820 digital version;
GlittersLuau Green (GM2004), Bronze Splendor (G1012), Purple Rain (GM2020), Denim (GM2033), Cloud Nine (GM2000), Daisy (GM2019);
Dies: Spellbinders (Labels Eighteen), MemoryBox (Pastry Labels, Sylvan Corner);
Coloring Medium: Promarkers;
AdhesivesDimensional Glue (539), 2 1/2" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape (SAT11), Small tip Nuvo Glue Pen, Foam Tape;
Cardstock: White;

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

2 comments:

  1. Love the sparkly background for your little chicky! Very Spring-like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I am blown away with how cute it is. I love your glitter flowers, leaves and branches. The chick and egg are really cute too. Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...