Saturday, February 11, 2017

Purr-fect Friend

On Today's Sparkle N Sprinkle card I didn't use any stamping. This card is made with digis only. I used  Sitting Pretty Kitty 835 Digital stamp set. 


Image is printed out and colored with Promarkers. Background is inked with Distress Ink (Broken China). To the butterfly and flower centers I added Nuvo Glitter Drops (Honey Gold). Frame is made with stitched circles dies. While dies was in place I added glue with Medium tip Nuvo Glue Pen to the paper which was shown between the dies. Then I removed the dies, cleaned them and let the glue dry on the paper. Nuvo glue dries tacky. Tacky glue is covered with Nuvo Gilding Flakes (Sunkissed Copper). Frame is popped up with foam tape.


Sentiment is from same digital stamp set. I used stitched rectangle die to cut it out. I used Small tip Nuvo Glue Pen to cover part of the sentiment with glue. After glue was dried tacky I adhered Nuvo Gilding Flakes (Sunkissed Copper) on top. 


I found some leaves, made with Spellbinders Sprigs die, from my left-overs basket. They were perfect to add some interest and color to the card. Berries was made with Nuvo Glitter Drops (Honey Gold). Because the suffice was uneven I didn't add Glitter Drops directly to the sprigs. I added the drops to the backing of a Adhesive Sheet. After they were dry, I added Honey Gold Drops to their places.


The thing I love most on my card is its background. It feels as soft as it looks on the photo. I adhered a piece of Super Adhesive Sheet to the cardstock and used x-acto knife to cut different width diagonal strips to the protective layer. I peeled off protective layer from narrowest strips and covered them with Sunkissed Copper Gilding Flakes. Next I peeled off some more strips and adhered Cherry Sparkle Flock. Lastly I covered rest of the background with Cloud Nine Microfine Glitter. 


For the matting layers I covered edges of cardstocks with Medium tip Nuvo Glue Pen. After glue was dried tacky I adhered Sunkissed Copper Gilding Flakes on top. 
Take a look at Demo Donna's video "Guide to gilding Flakes" if you need some tips how to use this awesome product.


Materials used:
Stamp CreditsSitting Pretty Kitty 835 Digi;
GlittersCloud Nine (GM2000);
FlockingCherry Sparkle (SS100);
Inks: Distress Ink (Broken China);
Dies: Spellbinders (Sprigs), Stitched Circles, Stitched Rectangles;
Coloring Medium: Promarkers;
AdhesivesSuper Adhesive Sheets (SAS02), Small and Medium Nuvo Glue Pen;
Cardstock: White, Light Green, Dark Green;
EmbellishmentsNuvo Gilding Flakes (Sunkissed Copper), Nuvo Glitter Drops (Honey Gold);

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smile,
Eret

4 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous card, Eret! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card Eret. Love the beautiful colouring of the kitten and the gorgeous leaf bouquets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is wonderful and I love the cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squeal!! Your background is impressive. Everything is perfect. What a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...