Saturday, April 22, 2017

A Friend Like You

Messy, fun and simple are the words to describe this card. I enjoyed playing with Sparkle N Sprinkle Corner Garden stamp set. To make this card, it's necessary to have any kind of stamp platform. 
For the background I took a watercolor cardstock, cut to the size of the card base. Paper was placed inside of the stamp platform, flower stamp was adhered in place. After inking the stamp with Vintage Photo Distress Inks I spritzed it with water and stamped the image to the paper. Then I turned paper 180 degree and repeated the process. I spritzed entire paper with water and let the ink spread around. It was still possible to see pale marks of the image so I took Mowed Lawn and Fossilized Amber DI-s and added them to the image with watercolor brush. After everything was painted and paper was try I placed it back to the stamp platform and stamped the flowers on top of previously stamped images with Vintage Photo Distress ink. Then I cut this panel smaller with scissors.


While flower stamp was still in same place on the Stamp Platform, I inked it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and stamped the image to the white cardstock. Rotated the cardstock 180 degree and stamped same image again. Images are colored with Promarkers. In center of the images I stamped the sentiment from same Corner Garden set with Versamark ink. I heat embossed it with my favorite brown embossing powder - Coffee. Sentiment is cut out with Spellbinders Labels Eighteen die.
For the matting layer I covered piece of cardstock with 2 1/2" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape. I adhered the sentiment layer on top and fussy cut it with scissors. Rest of the tape was covered with Aztec Gold and Bronze Splendor glitters.


Butterfly is also from the same Corner Garden set. It is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. For coloring I used Promarkers and Indian Gold Nuvo Embellishment Mousse. To get the sheen entire butterfly I diluted the Mousse with water. Butterfly body is covered with Chocolate Fondue Nuvo Glitter DropsChocolate Fondue Nuvo Glitter Drops are also added in center of each flower.  


1/4" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape was adhered to the matting layer of the watercolor background. Tape was covered with Aztec Gold and Bronze Splendor glitters.
To add some more messiness to my card I diluted Indian Gold Nuvo Embellishment Mousse with water and made tiny splatters all over the card.


Materials used:
Stamp CreditsCorner Garden #842;
GlittersAztec Gold (G1012), Bronze Splendor (G1012);
Embossing PowdersCoffee (EP459);
Inks: Distress Inks (Vintage Photo, Mowed Lawn, Fossilized Amber), Memento (Tuxedo Black), Versamark;
Dies: Spellbinders (Labels Eighteen);
Coloring Medium: Promarkers;
Adhesives1/4" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape (SAT01), 2 1/2" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape (SAT11), Foam Tape;
Cardstock: Watercolor CS, White;
EmbellishmentsNuvo Glitter Drops (Chocolate Fondue);
OthersNuvo Embellishment Mousse (Indian Gold);

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smile
Eret

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Eret! Love the gorgeous color scheme - so lovely and chocolaty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eret! You are so outstandingly creative when it comes to layers and designs. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you die cut out the middle with the sentiment and parts of the flowers. Lovely, warm colors, and fantastic background! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...