Saturday, September 2, 2017

Holly Jolly Christmas

It's never too early for Christmas cards! On this card I used adorable Elf Sitter digi stamp set. 
I love Sparkle N Sprinkle digis because they come with black and white outline image and also with colored image. I took an easy way and used pre-colored digi on my card. Only thing I did was adding some 'fur' here and there with Sakura Glue Pen and Cherry Sparkle Flocking. Bells was covered with Limonello Nuvo Jewel Drops. I fussy cut the Elf with scissors but digi set also includes cut files, so you can use your digital cutting machine if you have one :) 

Sentiment is from same digital stamp set. I printed it directly to the pattern paper. I had only small piece of this paper so I had to make sure that sentiment will come to right place in first try. For that I opened a Word document, draw a rectangle shape as large as my pattern paper was, placed the sentiment where I wanted and printed all out to a regular printing paper. Then I adhered my pattern paper on top of the printed rectangle with removable tape, placed the sheet back to printer, deleted rectangle shape from the screen and printed the sentiment out again. And here it is... Edges of the pattern paper was inked with Broken China Distress ink.


For the snowbanks I adhered 2 1/2" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape to the white cardstock and covered the tape with Cloud Nine Microfine Glitter. I used scissors to cut them in suitable shape. More sparkle was added with Dimensional Glue and Olaf White Glitter from Frozen Glitter Set

For the background I used another piece of pattern paper. I stamped snowflakes from older SNS Stamp Set named Snow One Like You with Versamark ink all over the paper. They are heat embossed with Opaline Embossing Powder. I inked the edges with Broken China Distress ink and added Nuvo Glitter Drops (White Blizzard) in center of snowflakes and few more places.
I love to make glittery matting layers. For that I cover edges of the paper with 1/4" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape, adhere pattern paper in center and cover rest of the tape with glitter. This time I used Blue Haze Microfine Glitter.

Trees are cut with dies from Leane Creatief Pine Tree set. They are cut out from watercolor cardstock which was colored with Nuance Powder (Jade) and Distress Inks (Peeled Paint, Pine Needles and Vintage Photo for tree stumps). I added some snow to the trees with Dimensional Glue and Olaf White from Frozen Glitter Set.

Materials used:
Stamp CreditsElf Sitter DIGI859, Snow One Like You #515;
GlittersCloud Nine (GM2000), Olaf White (G1121) from Frozen Glitter SetBlue Haze (GM2022);
Embossing PowdersOpaline (EP359);
FlockingsCherry Sparkle (SS100);
InksVersamark;
Dies: Leane Creatief (Pine Tree);
Coloring Medium: Nuance Powder (Jade), Distress Ink (Peeled Paint, Pine Needles, Vintage Photo, Broken China);
AdhesivesSakura Glue Pen1/4" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape (SAT01), 2 1/2" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape (SAT11), Dimensional Glue (539);
Cardstock: White, Pattern Papers, Watercolor CS;
EmbellishmentsNuvo Glitter Drops (White Blizzard), Nuvo Jewel Drops (Limonello);

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs and smiles
Eret

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Eret! So cute, sitting outdoors in the beauty of your forest! It's a lovely scene, and lots of fun with the sparkle and bright colors against your snowy white! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this adorable little elf amidst the snow lined trees! So adorable with lots of sparkle and dimension.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...