Saturday, May 27, 2017

True Beauty

Sparkle N Sprinkle revealed in the beginning of May a stunning new stamp set named True Beauty #844. I used Digi version of the same set on my card. 


Wonderful thing about SNS Digi stamps is that they also include a pre-colored images. I added some shine and sparkle to this lovely Peacock. His wings are covered with light coat of Indian Gold Nuvo Embellishment Mousse (diluted with water). This gave to his wings a slight golden shimmer and didn't covered original color. Same Mousse is also added to his feathers. For more sparkle I adhered Priceless Peacock Glitter with Small tip Nuvo Glue Pen to some places and also dots of Dazzling Blue Nuvo Glitter Drops.


Sentiment is printed to the white cardstock and it's cut out with Spellbinders die (Radiant Rectangles). While paper was inside of the die, I inked the background with Distress Inks (Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean). Golden frame is drawn with brush and Indian Gold Mousse
A strip of lace was adhered to this panel as well. I added Nuvo Glitter Drops (Dazzling Blue and Sunlit Meadow) to the inside of the holes of the lace. 


To cover the card base I made a panel (cut with Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles dies) and colored it with Indian Gold Mousse. I adore this color. To the back side of the panel I placed 3/4" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape to cover the holes. It also acted as adhesive to glue the panel on top of the card base. Revealed sticky parts was covered with Priceless Peacock Glitter.


Card base is made out of two panels cut with largest die from Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles set. To one of them I made a score line about 1 cm from top and glued two panels together above the score line. 



Materials used:
Stamp Credits: True Beauty #844 Digi version;
GlittersPriceless Peacock (G1015);
Inks: Distress Ink (Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean);
Dies: Spellbinders (Radiant Rectangles);
Adhesives3/4" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape (SAT05), Small tip Nuvo Glue Pen;
Cardstock: White;
Embellishments: Lace, Nuvo Glitter Drops (Dazzling BlueSunlit Meadow);
OthersNuvo Embellishment Mousse (Indian Gold);

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles
Eret

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Eret. You have highlighted the SNS products beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeousness, Miss Eret! I love the way you used that SB die (I own it, too!) and the rich, elegant gold is a beautiful way of showcasing the lovely peacock! Wonderful card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eret....would like to make your card from the May reveal and Happy Flowers but am having trouble figuring our how you made the background paper. Your instructions say you place bucek of flowers in different angles......how do I change the angles? And your instructions don't show much of the leaves on the flowers. How do I get them off? Thank you. Bev Roberts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bev! I assume you are talking about this card http://kaardimaania.blogspot.com.ee/2017/05/sparkle-n-sprinkle-may-reveal.html
      I used Photoshop to make the background. It's easy to rotate image in there. You can do it in Word as well.
      I didn't delete any leaves. Images are placed in the way that not many leaves are showing.
      You can e-mail me at eret10@gmail.com and let me know what program to you use to print out digi images? Do you use MAC or PC? Maybe I can help you to figure out how to make similar background.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...